For 2018 Fall admission, there are 2 phases during which international students can apply online:
Phase 1: November 1st ~ November 30th, 2017
Phase 2: January 1st ~ March 30th, 2018
It is okay to apply during either phase, but applying early could mean early admission, which is always good!
The application website will soon be announced.
To help you prepare your application early, here are the things you will need:
1) online application (office website will be announced here soon)
2) a recent 2-inch identification photo
3) scan copy of your passport
4) your diploma (of highest degree so far), and transcript
5) a copy of English proficiency test (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, or others). Or, if you've had at least 4 years of formal education in an English-speaking country/institute, then proof of attendance will suffice
6) 2 letters of recommendation (your recommenders will submit the letter online)
8) personal statement (about your background, motivation, research interest...etc)
9) other supporting materials that you think will help (e.g., awards, publications...etc)
Three things to keep in mind:
1. Everything in GIMBC is taught in English: this includes lectures, seminars, and lab meetings. No knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is required.
2. Although some TMU links may specify Dr. Lin as the contact person, for detailed information, we recommend that you contact the Institute Secretary, Ms. Frannie Han ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), or the Dean of our College, Professor Timothy Lane ( email@example.com ).
3. Although the PDF specifies a resume (autobiography) and Statement of Purpose (research plan), actually we will just need a Personal Statement from you, describing who you are, your background, and your research interests and goals (what's bringing you here). You need not supply us with a formal autobiography (a CV is good enough). And you do not need a formal research proposal since your specific research area can be determined once you are here and actually working with a faculty member.