(If you have a Taiwanese passport, please use the link above. The information below is for International Students only)
GIMBC now offers both Masters and Ph.D. programs. The application procedures are the same.
For 2019 Fall admission, online application period is January 1st ~ February 28th, 2019 @ 6:00PM (UTC+8 Time Zone)
The application website is here: http://ioadmission.tmu.edu.tw/foreign/index/index/applyForeignSn/44
Note 1: This website is good for both admission and scholarships
Note 2: Please do plan to apply at least one day early since Taiwan's time zone is faster than most places (Taiwan's time zone is UTC+8)
To know more about the admission process, you can also visit our Office of Global Engagement website: http://oge.tmu.edu.tw/degree-students/prospective-students/admission/
Here are the things you will need to complete the online application:
1) online application (once the application link is updated above in January)
2) a recent 2-inch identification photo
3) scanned copy of your passport
4) your diploma (of highest degree so far), and official transcript
5) a copy of English proficiency test (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, or others). Or, if you've had at least 4 years of formal education in an English-speaking country/institute, then proof of attendance will suffice
7) personal statement (about your background, motivation, research interest...etc)
8) letter(s) of recommendation (1 for MSc; 2 for PhD; your recommender(s) can submit the letter online, or you can upload a copy to the online application system for them)
9) other supporting materials that you think will help (e.g., awards, publications...etc)
Two more things to keep in mind:
1. Everything in GIMBC is taught in English: this includes lectures, seminars, and lab meetings. No knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is required.
2. If you have any questions, we recommend that you contact the Institute Secretary, Ms. Frannie Han ( frannie[at]tmu.edu.tw ), or Professor Philip Tseng ( philip[at]tmu.edu.tw ).