GIMBC now offers both Masters and Ph.D. programs. The application procedures are the same.
For 2019 Fall admission, there are 2 phases during which international students can apply online. The dates will soon be updated below, for now please refer to the dates from the previous academic year.
Phase 1 for 2018 Fall admission: November 1st ~ November 30th, 2017 (admission announced around January, 2018)
Phase 2 for 2018 Fall admission: January 1st ~ March 30th, 2018 (admission announced around May, 2018)
It is okay to apply during either phase, but applying early could mean early admission (and more funding availability), which is always good!
The 2018 application website is here (will be updated for 2019 admission soon): http://ioadmission.tmu.edu.tw/foreign/index/index/applyForeignSn/31
To know more about the admission process, you can also visit our Office of Global Engagement website here: http://oge.tmu.edu.tw/degree-students/prospective-students/admission/
To help you prepare your application early, here are the things you will need:
1) online application (the link above)
2) a recent 2-inch identification photo
3) scan copy of your passport
4) your diploma (of highest degree so far), and official transcript
5) a copy of English proficiency test (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, or others). Or, if you've had at least 4 years of formal education in an English-speaking country/institute, then proof of attendance will suffice
7) personal statement (about your background, motivation, research interest...etc)
8) other supporting materials that you think will help (e.g., awards, publications...etc); letters of recommendation are a huge plus (your recommenders will submit the letter online, or you can upload a copy to the online application system)
This list is also available in PDF here: http://oge.tmu.edu.tw/degree-students/prospective-students/programs/
Two more things to keep in mind:
1. Everything in GIMBC is taught in English: this includes lectures, seminars, and lab meetings. No knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is required.
2. If you have any questions, we recommend that you contact the Institute Secretary, Ms. Frannie Han ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), or the Dean of our College, Professor Timothy Lane ( email@example.com ).